What am I?
Quite simply, Hemp seeds without the shell!
The shelling of hemp seeds not only makes them even tastier but also enables the nutritional properties to be absorbed by the body more easily.
Unlike its controversial cousin, the marijuana plant, Hemp seeds do not contain Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) and therefore have no psychoactive properties.
The shelled hemp seeds do however contain an abundance of nutritional and healing properties, including a perfect balance of proteins and essential fatty acids found in ideal ratios for human consumption.
The Hemp plant is even good for the planet… It will grow almost anywhere with no need for pesticides or fertiliser and its presence is beneficial for both the soil and the atmosphere, making Hemp one of the most ethical and sustainable plants in existence.
What’s in me?
- Rich in protein, vitamins and minerals and the only edible seeds that contain gamma-linolenic acid (GLA).
- 65% of the protein content is in the form of globulin edestin, so it can actually be used by the body in its raw state.
- The readily available protein in Hemp seed contains all the essential amino acids in ideal proportions enabling the body to create proteins like immunoglobulins (antibodies that ward off infection before symptoms of sickness begin).
- Hempseeds are the highest source of essential fatty acids in the plant kingdom.
What can I be used for?
- High in Omega oils, Eating 3g weekly, or 0.45g daily, long chain omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids, as part of a healthy lifestyle, helps maintain heart health.
- The complete protein readily available in hemp seed, gives the body all the essential amino acids required to maintain health and produce antibodies like gamma globulin to strengthen the immune system.
- GLA is extremely rare in the diet and the body normally has to enzymatically convert it from linoleic acid. Its presence may help strengthen the immune system and benefit the body in many other documented ways.
- Even more important for building a strong immune system, hempseeds are the highest source in the plant kingdom of essential fatty acids. These essential oils, linoleic and linolenic acids, are responsible for the luster in your skin, hair, eyes, and even your thought processes. They lubricate (clear) the arteries and are vital to the immune system.
- The presence in the diet of linoleic acid and GLA both found in hemp has shown to rapidly reduce the risk of arteriosclerosis and other cardiovascular diseases.
How should I be taken?
Shelled Hemp Seeds are fantastic for sprinkling onto salads, they have an almost ‘cous cous’ consistency but with a sort of nutty flavour.
They are divine as they are or can be made even tastier by drizzling some ‘Creative Nature Pumpkin Oil’ on top with a dash of ‘Himalayan Crystal Salt’.
They are ideal for sprinkling on salads, pasta and rice dishes and make a fantastic accompaniment to any sandwich.
Shelled Hemp seeds are a perfect food for everybody but in particular for vegetarians and for people with an active lifestyle due to the high protein content.
Important - Please read before purchase
While we try to ensure that product information is correct, on occasion manufacturers may alter their ingredient lists. For additional information about a product, please Contact Us on 0800 252 875.
Content on this site is for reference purposes and is not intended to substitute for advice given by a medical practitioner, pharmacist, or other licensed health-care professional. Discontinue use and consult a doctor if adverse reactions occur.
Information stated regarding dietary supplements is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition.
Keep out of reach of children. Store in a cool, dry place. Do not use if seal under cap is broken or missing.
Standard delivery (Orders under £20): £3 · Delivery time: 2-4 working days
FREE delivery (Orders over £20): FREE · 2-4 working days
We ship worldwide! Delivery times vary from 4-8 working days for Europe and 5-14 working days for the rest of the world. Flat rate delivery charges can be found here.