Saccharomyces Boulardii is a unique probiotic yeast that has been safely used worldwide as a probiotic for more than half a century. It does not colonise the intestinal tract and is used as needed to support intestinal health. Saccharomyces Boulardii provides the intestines with unparalleled support against a broad array of pathogens that include bacteria, yeast and protozoans. Its mechanisms of actions are as follows:
- It binds to certain pathogenic bacteria and occupies intestinal receptors, thus preventing bacteria from adhering to the mucous membrane
- It inhibits bacterial toxins
- It stimulates the intestinal immune system
The strain of Saccharomyces Boulardii used has the following health claims permitted:
- Intestinal Comfort
- Maintenance of the Intestinal Flora
Saccharomyces Boulardii has also been clinically proven in the following areas:
- Support against Clostridium Difficile
- Support against Gram-negative Pathogens
- Support for Travellers - Escherichia coli (E.coli) is the commonest cause of Traveller’s diarrhoea, as it is also the predominant bacterial cause of infantile gastroenteritis. E.coli in contaminated food is implicated in haemorrhagic gastroenteritis.
- Support against Candida - Saccharomyces Boulardii is commonly used to support intestinal health in people with Candida overgrowth. Animal studies have shown that S. Boulardii antagonizes C. albicans. It effectively inhibits and eliminates Candida overgrowth
- Support against Amoebic Parasites
Adults: 1 capsule each day.
Can be used daily ongoing at a level of 1 capsule per day in those susceptible to Candida. This can be increased to 3 capsule per day taken at regular intervals if needed.
Children aged over 4 years: 1 capsule daily acutely.
Important - Please read before purchase
While we try to ensure that product information is correct, on occasion manufacturers may alter their ingredient lists. For additional information about a product, please Contact Us on 0800 252 875.
Content on this site is for reference purposes and is not intended to substitute for advice given by a medical practitioner, pharmacist, or other licensed health-care professional. Discontinue use and consult a doctor if adverse reactions occur.
Information stated regarding dietary supplements is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition.
Keep out of reach of children. Store in a cool, dry place. Do not use if seal under cap is broken or missing.
Standard delivery (Orders under £20): £3 · Delivery time: 2-4 working days
FREE delivery (Orders over £20): FREE · 2-3 working days
We ship worldwide! Delivery times vary from 4-8 working days for Europe and 5-14 working days for the rest of the world. Flat rate delivery charges can be found here.