This versatile powder is created by combining fine Silk powder and Rice starch with extracts of Gentian, Oak and Sage. With absorbent, antibacterial and purifying properties, the entire body is nurtured.
- Deodorises and absorbs.
- Has antibacterial properties.
- Relieves and soothes.
- Rice (Oryza Sativa) Starch: The gluten is removed and the germ is then ground. The starch is washed out with water and separated with centrifugation.
- Silk (Serica) Powder: Commercially produced silk is used for its smoothing properties. Sufficient quantities of organic or tussah silk are not yet available.
- Silica: This is extracted from Silica rock and has a strengthening effect on the body.
- Fragrance (Parfum): A combination of specially blended, carefully chosen pure essential oils, unique for each preparation.
- Linalool: This is a component of natural essential oil.
- Limonene: This is a component of natural essential oil.
- Geraniol: This is a component of natural essential oil.
- Coumarin: This is a component of natural essential oil.
- Gentian (Gentiana Lutea) Extract: The roots of the gentian plant are dried and ground for their antiseptic and anti- inflammatory properties.
- English Oak (Quercus Robur) Extract: Wild harvested oak bark is dried and ground for this extract. This is a lime filled plant and has astringent and strengthening properties.
- Sage Extract: Used as a dry extract - dried and ground sage leaves (Body Powder) or as an essence of biodynamically grown sage leaves.
- Diatomaceous Earth (Solum Diatomeae): Diatomaceous Earth is a naturally occurring substance comprised of the fossilized remains of diatoms. Diatoms are microscopic sized hard shelled creatures found in both marine and fresh waters. It is very rich in silica, strengthening the skin and hair. It also helps take dead skin cells away and leaves the skin smooth. Dr.Hauschka uses Diatomaceous earth from Neuburg in Germany.
Instructions of use:
- Remember that you only need to use a small amount.
hints and tips
- Very fine hair which quickly becomes greasy also benefits from Body Silk which can be brushed in - it also helps hold the shape of your hair style.
- Body Silk contains extracts of Sage, a natural deodorant and; as well as Silk, which is very absorbent and anti-bacterial - so it makes an excellent deodorant.
- Body Silk can be used as a general body powder - and it is wonderful for nappy rash!
- Silk´s natural anti-bacterial action and the herbal extracts make Body Silk worth trying in cases of athlete´s foot and other fungal infections.
Important - Please read before purchase
While we try to ensure that product information is correct, on occasion manufacturers may alter their ingredient lists. For additional information about a product, please Contact Us on 0800 252 875.
Content on this site is for reference purposes and is not intended to substitute for advice given by a medical practitioner, pharmacist, or other licensed health-care professional. Discontinue use and consult a doctor if adverse reactions occur.
Information stated regarding dietary supplements is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition.
Keep out of reach of children. Store in a cool, dry place. Do not use if seal under cap is broken or missing.
Standard delivery (Orders under £20): £3 · Delivery time: 2-4 working days
FREE delivery (Orders over £20): FREE · 2-3 working days
We ship worldwide! Delivery times vary from 4-8 working days for Europe and 5-14 working days for the rest of the world. Flat rate delivery charges can be found here.