Cold and cough are basically result of upper respiratory tract infection usually viral such as common cold but sometimes it is due to bacterial infection too. Dr. Reckeweg R8 Cough Syrup is to be used in acute or chronic case of bronchitis, whooping cough, bronchial asthma and fits of coughing. Bryonia an important ingredient of this drug cures harsh and dry cough that cause pain in the chest.
- Ammonium causticum: Convulsive cough accompanied by plenty of loose mucus.
- Belladonna: Convulsive cough attacks, hollow and barking cough, dry mucus membranes.
- Bryonia: Harsh and dry cough with pain in the chest.
- Chamomilla: Convulsive cough, catarrh and hoarseness with accumulation of tenacious mucus in the throat, dry cough chiefly in the evening and at night.
- Coccus cacti: Hypersensitivity of the mucosa of the pharynx. Spasmodic cough with viscous glairy expectorations.
- Corallium rubrum: Violent attack of convulsic cough with choking fit.
- Cuprum aceticum: Spasmodic cough, viscous mucus, dyspnea.
- Drosera: Convulsive cough with cyanosis and suffocation, spasmodic asthma.
- Ipecacuanha: Dry asphyxiant cough with glottis spasm, nausea and emesia.
- Spongia: Hollow cough, cough at night.
- Sticta pulm: Cold down from the nose to the pharynx and trachea, followed by bronchitis. Pressure on the root of the nose.
- Thymus vulg: Expectorant.
In the beginning of the treatment frequent doses, every 1 hour 10 drops in little water, or one teaspoon (5ml) of syrup. It is advisable to alternate cough syrup and the cough drops hour to hour. After attenuation of the graveness and frequency of the fits of coughing (generally in 2-3 days) take the medicine every 2 hours. In the treatment of non-specific catarrhs, following whooping cough, take 4-6 times daily 10-15 drops in some water, or one teaspoon (5ml) of syrup. In case of Acute bronchitis and laryngo-pharyngitis take every 2-3 hours 10-15 drops or one teaspoon of syrup.
Important - Please read before purchase
While we try to ensure that product information is correct, on occasion manufacturers may alter their ingredient lists. For additional information about a product, please Contact Us on 0800 252 875.
Content on this site is for reference purposes and is not intended to substitute for advice given by a medical practitioner, pharmacist, or other licensed health-care professional. Discontinue use and consult a doctor if adverse reactions occur.
Information stated regarding dietary supplements is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition.
Keep out of reach of children. Store in a cool, dry place. Do not use if seal under cap is broken or missing.
Standard delivery (Orders under £20): £3 · Delivery time: 2-4 working days
FREE delivery (Orders over £20): FREE · 2-3 working days
We ship worldwide! Delivery times vary from 4-8 working days for Europe and 5-14 working days for the rest of the world. Flat rate delivery charges can be found here.