Dr.Hauschka Melissa Day Cream has been specially developed to meet the needs of sensitive combination skin conditions. Rich in Lemon balm, combined with other extracts of medicinal herbs to soothe irritable, reddened skin, keep oily zones clear and matte while helping the skin to retain moisture in dry areas. The balancing Melissa Day Cream refines the skin and leaves the complexion soft and even.
- Helps sensitive combination skin to regain its healthy balance by stimulating its natural activity
- Soothes irritable, reddened skin
- Keeps oily zones clear and matte
- Retains moisture in dry areas
- Refines the skin and leaves the complexion soft and even
- Water (Aqua): Deionised (reverse osmosis) spring water is used.
- Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil
- Alcohol: Plant alcohol is used as a preservative and helps firm and tone the skin. It is derived from fermentation of fruit, maize and potatoes. The quantities of alcohol in the Dr.Hauschka preparations are not sufficient to dry out the skin.
- Manihot Utilissima (Tapioca) Starch
- Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil
- Glyceryl Stearate Citrate
- Arachis Hypogaea (Peanut) Oil: This oil is extracted by expression from Ground nuts also known as Peanuts. It has an intensive smell and is purified by filtration and steam treatment. The protein part (allergen) is removed, thus making this safe for peanut allergy sufferers.
- Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil
- Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil: Biodynamic Apricot kernels from Turkey are ground and refined in Germany. It has restorative qualities.
- Anthyllis Vulneraria Extract1: The healing qualities of Kidney Vetch have been known since the 16th century. This medicinal plant helps the skin with its renewal and regeneration process.
- Bellis Perennis (Daisy) Flower Extract1:
- Tropaeolum Majus Extract: Also known as the common garden nasturtium, the whole plant is infused with a spicy, warming quality. Nasturtium is native to South America where the fresh leaves are placed on inflamed wounds and eaten fresh as a spring tonic. Recent research shows an oil extract of the leaves effective against viruses, bacteria and yeasts and in strengthening the immune system.
- Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Extract1: The bark and leaves from biodynamic Witch Hazel are used for their anti-inflammatory properties. The essences are very widely used in the preparations and Witch Hazel has a long established tradition of use in skin care.
- Cetearyl Alcohol: This is a fatty alcohol, a blend of cetyl and stearyl alcohols in a 70:30 ratio. It is a solid, white, wax like substance. It is used for consistency and as a stabiliser. They are derived from coconut oil and palm oil.
- Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Root Extract: Biodynamically grown carrots, a native plant of Europe, are used for this oily extract which acts as an excellent emollient (meaning it has soothing properties).
- Citral: This is a component of natural essential oil.
- Limonene: This is a component of natural essential oil.
- Geraniol: This is a component of natural essential oil.
- Citronellol: This is a component of natural essential oil.
- Linalool: This is a component of natural essential oil.
- Hectorite: This is a natural mineral and it stabilises emulsions.
- Xanthan Gum: This is a natural (produced from ferment of sugar) emulsifier.
- Coco-Glucoside: A surfactant derived from coconut oil and glucose. Produces a fine foam and is very mild & gentle on the skin.
Instructions of use:
- Following morning cleanse, spray first with Clarifying Toner and then squeeze a small amount of Melissa Day Cream onto the palm of your hand and warm it by pressing your hands together. This makes it easier to apply.
- Gently apply to face, neck and earlobes.
Hints and tips
- Let Melissa Day Cream help your sensitive combination skin to regain its healthy balance by stimulating your skins own natural activity
- Apply a light dusting of Translucent Face Powder - Loose to seal moisture in, and to set make up.
- The Dr.Hauschka skin care concept incorporates the principle of oil-free night care. Following your cleansing, the Clarifying Toner serves as your optimal night care product providing the sensitive combination skin with all the support it needs. At this point, applying oil-based products would disrupt the skin´s natural processes of elimination.
- Daily use of oil based creams at night can mean that the skin becomes dependant on an external source of moisture rather than producing its own.
- If your skin feels taut after cleansing and toning in the evening, be patient. Wait 20-30 minutes and the skin will re-balance itself. Make sure that you are rinsing the Cleansing Cream off properly. If you have been using night creams for a long time, then your skin may need extra support in the changeover period to Dr.Hauschka, and in this case, we recommend the Rhythmic Night Conditioner ampoules.
- Use Rhythmic Conditioner Sensitive ampoules two to four times per year, use instead of Dr.Hauschka Clarifying Toner for 28 days. Soothes sensitive skin and gently clears redness.
Important - Please read before purchase
While we try to ensure that product information is correct, on occasion manufacturers may alter their ingredient lists. For additional information about a product, please Contact Us on 0800 252 875.
Content on this site is for reference purposes and is not intended to substitute for advice given by a medical practitioner, pharmacist, or other licensed health-care professional. Discontinue use and consult a doctor if adverse reactions occur.
Information stated regarding dietary supplements is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition.
Keep out of reach of children. Store in a cool, dry place. Do not use if seal under cap is broken or missing.
Standard delivery (Orders under £20): £3 · Delivery time: 2-4 working days
FREE delivery (Orders over £20): FREE · 2-4 working days
We ship worldwide! Delivery times vary from 4-8 working days for Europe and 5-14 working days for the rest of the world. Flat rate delivery charges can be found here.