Eye q offers a combination of the specific omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids required for optimal brain and eye function. The formulation is delivered in the form of high grade natural oils. In processing and selecting our oils, we ensure that only pure, naturally-sourced fatty acids are used. Main reason for this specification is that many who take Eye Q are youngsters, and so this makes it even more important that there are no 'nasties' included within the formulation.
Selection of the citrus flavour is similarly rigorous. A blend of lemon and lime essential oils: extracted from the rinds of these citrus fruits with steam. Importantly, the steam washes out any salicylaic acid, a water-soluble element which can cause reactions amongst those with dietary sensitivities.
Researcher shows that certain fatty acids play a vital role in the development of vision, co-ordination, learning ability, memory and concentration, in children and adults. To reflect this work, we combined the highest possible natural source of omega-3 EPA, in the form of a particular marine lipid, with omega-6 GLA, provided by cold-pressed virgin evening primrose oil.
There is good evidence that this formulation delivers the optimum ratio of fatty acids for eye and brain function. Testimonials from parents and children have indicated real benefits in learning ability and concentration.
In addition, natural vitamin E is included as an antioxidant to protect the fatty acids from possible attack by free radicals. This is in a natural form, and so has greater bio-availability and effectiveness than synthetic alternatives.
5ml teaspoon of Equazen Eye Q Liquid contains:
- EPA: 186 mg
- DHA: 58 mg
- GLA: 20 mg
- Omega-3 Docosahexaenoic Acid (DHA) from fish oil is particularly important in laying down the structure of the brain in early life and for providing ongoing repair.
- Omega-3 Eicosapentaenoic Acid (EPA) from fish oil plays more of a functional role, being crucial for moment-to-moment brain cell signalling.
- Omega-6 Gamma Linolenic Acid (GLA) from evening primrose oil and its metabolite Arachidonic Acid (AA), also plays a structural role, assisting in normal nerve function, especially learning and memory.
- Adult: initial intake is 3 x 5ml tsps, followed by at least 1 x 5ml tsp for the maintenance intake.
- Children: Between the age of two and five, it is advised starting off on just 1 x 5 ml tsp a day for the first week, just to see if they can tolerate the oils.
Important - Please read before purchase
While we try to ensure that product information is correct, on occasion manufacturers may alter their ingredient lists. For additional information about a product, please Contact Us on 0800 252 875.
Content on this site is for reference purposes and is not intended to substitute for advice given by a medical practitioner, pharmacist, or other licensed health-care professional. Discontinue use and consult a doctor if adverse reactions occur.
Information stated regarding dietary supplements is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition.
Keep out of reach of children. Store in a cool, dry place. Do not use if seal under cap is broken or missing.
Standard delivery (Orders under £20): £3 · Delivery time: 2-4 working days
FREE delivery (Orders over £20): FREE · 2-4 working days
We ship worldwide! Delivery times vary from 4-8 working days for Europe and 5-14 working days for the rest of the world. Flat rate delivery charges can be found here.