Research indicates that DHA and AA are crucial in providing structural support for pregnancy and early development. In particular, DHA assists during the third trimester when the foetal brain undergoes a tremendous growth spurt.
As the best dietary source of these fatty acids is oily fish, issues of safety, cost and convenience make mumomega a wise choice to ensure a proper intake. The omega-3 and omega-6 oils we use in this formulation are of exceptional purity, so you can take the supplement in the knowledge that you are only putting goodness into your system.
Equazen developed mumomega to deliver the exact structural fatty acids required at a crucial time of life: before, during and after pregnancy. We all have a requirement for long-chain fatty acids, but a lot of research is showing that the particular fatty acids DHA and AA are needed as building blocks for the cells that make up the eye and brain during pregnancy. So it is vital that pregnant women have an adequate input from their diet.
Expecting mothers need to be fastidious about their fatty acid input, not only for babies, but for themselves. Mother Nature gives the baby priority, and it effectively treats mother´s brain as a food source, stripping away structural fatty acids, which are then carried across the placenta to help grow the baby´s brain. This entirely natural process can result in the maternal brain shrinking by up to 3% during pregnancy. Clearly, it is prudent at this important time to ensure a proper intake of essential fatty acids, which is where a particularly pure formulation as mumomega may be considered.
One Capsule (750mg) of Equazen MumOmega Pregnancy contains:
- DHA 300 mg
- EPA 42 mg
- AA 8.4 mg
- DPA 8.4 mg
- GLA 15 mg
- Vitamin E 2.8 mg (28% RDA)
- DHA, or Docosahexaenoic Acid. This is an omega-3 fatty acid that is an element in the structure of cell membranes of the eye and brain. In fact, about 10% of the dry weight of the brain is made up of DHA, which typically comes from oily fish.
- AA, or Arachidonic Acid. This is an omega-6 fatty acid that can play both structural and functional roles in the brain. It is a crucial part of cell membranes and is believed to play a role in the laying down of memory. In the diet, AA is usually derived from meat and dairy products.
- EPA, or Eicosapentaenoic Acid. Another omega-3 fatty acid, but unlike structural DHA, ´functional´ EPA has various anti-inflammatory actions, and in many trials, has been shown to have positive influences on mood.
- GLA, or Gamma Linolenic Acid. This omega-6 fatty acid is known to also have anti-inflammatory actions, and to play a role in regulating hormonal balance.
- DPA, or Docosapentaenoic Acid. This is a link omega-3 fatty acid, which sits on the metabolic pathway between EPA and DHA.
Each capsule (750mg) will deliver 300mg of DHA which is daily amount recommended.
If someone is not receiving adequate sources in your diet, You can take up to 3 capsules a day easily, to reach the optimal level for you and your baby.
Click here to learn more about the product and its ingredients.
Disclaimer: The information provided is scientific independent research provided by Aisle7 and is for informational use only. Revital provides this information as a service but does not endorse it.
Copyright 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented in Aisle7 is for informational purposes only. It is based on scientific studies (human, animal, or in vitro), clinical experience, or traditional usage as cited in each article. The results reported may not necessarily occur in all individuals. For many of the conditions discussed, treatment with prescription or over the counter medication is also available. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.
Important - Please read before purchase
While we try to ensure that product information is correct, on occasion manufacturers may alter their ingredient lists. For additional information about a product, please Contact Us on 0800 252 875.
Content on this site is for reference purposes and is not intended to substitute for advice given by a medical practitioner, pharmacist, or other licensed health-care professional. Discontinue use and consult a doctor if adverse reactions occur.
Information stated regarding dietary supplements is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition.
Keep out of reach of children. Store in a cool, dry place. Do not use if seal under cap is broken or missing.