MicrOrganics Bio-Xanthin is natural astaxanthin - a deep red carotenoid complex produced by the microalga Haematococcus pluvialis.
Astaxanthin is found in seafoods such as salmon, lobster and shrimp.
One particular microalgae is nature´s richest source, and is grown in self-contained ponds on our aquaculture farm in Hawaii.
Astaxanthin is structurally similar to beta-carotene, but with a strong functional difference.
Astaxanthin R-bonds occur in natural astaxanthin when one or more fatty acids or peptides are attached to the molecule.
This unique chemistry of natural astaxanthin allows spanning of cell membranes, crossing blood-brain barrier, and bonding directly with muscle tissue. Beta-carotene and lycopene do not have these bonding sites.
Benefits of Astaxanthin:
1. Nature´s strongest antioxidant: ten times stronger than beta-carotene and up to 500 times stronger than vitamin E - delivers benefits directly to brain and central nervous system.
2. Significant improvements in: skin elasticity and smoothness, moisture, spots.
3. Retards and prevents sunburn and protects skin from sun damage.
4. Reduces both severity and duration of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (Repetitive Stress Injury).
5. Excellent anti-inflammatory with relevance for cancer, strokes, diabetes and Alzheimer´s.
6. Combats soreness and joint pain of Rheumatoid Arthritis and Tennis Elbow (tendonitis).
7. Shortens recovery time and prevents joint and muscle soreness after exercise.
8. Enhances immune system response.
9. Macular Degeneration and Visual Acuity:
- inhibits macular degeneration.
- protects eyes from light-induced damage.
- improves visual acuity and reduces eye strain.
10. Significant improvement in cholesterol and triglyceride levels.
11. Reduces C-reactive protein - a key indicator of heart disease.
Important - Please read before purchase
While we try to ensure that product information is correct, on occasion manufacturers may alter their ingredient lists. For additional information about a product, please Contact Us on 0800 252 875.
Content on this site is for reference purposes and is not intended to substitute for advice given by a medical practitioner, pharmacist, or other licensed health-care professional. Discontinue use and consult a doctor if adverse reactions occur.
Information stated regarding dietary supplements is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition.
Keep out of reach of children. Store in a cool, dry place. Do not use if seal under cap is broken or missing.
Standard delivery (Orders under £20): £3 · Delivery time: 2-4 working days
FREE delivery (Orders over £20): FREE · 2-3 working days
We ship worldwide! Delivery times vary from 4-8 working days for Europe and 5-14 working days for the rest of the world. Flat rate delivery charges can be found here.