This brown basmati rice is an excellent-tasting quality basmati. Being brown rice, it is less processed than white rice, and there is a bit of husk to add a bit of texture that soaks up food-juices. As well as the more interesting taste, many people eat brown rice for health reasons, as it is higher in fibre and other nutrients including iron and many b-vitamins
With rice, especially with Basmati Rice, it's important to ignore the instructions given on the packet and do it the Healthy Supplies way. This involves the following course of action:
- You do not have to soak this rice.
- Put the rice in a saucepan that has a lid. (If you do not have a saucepan with a lid, you can improvise).
- Level the rice, and cover with an appropriate level of boiling water from the kettle. For this brown basmati rice, this means that the water will be about 3 centimetres above the level of the rice. (white basmati only needs about 1cm).
- Cover and bring to the boil. Once steam starts coming out, turn the heat down to a gentle simmer.
- Do not stir the rice.
- Simmer for 20 minutes, until the water is all gone.
Important - Please read before purchase
While we try to ensure that product information is correct, on occasion manufacturers may alter their ingredient lists. For additional information about a product, please Contact Us on 0800 252 875.
Content on this site is for reference purposes and is not intended to substitute for advice given by a medical practitioner, pharmacist, or other licensed health-care professional. Discontinue use and consult a doctor if adverse reactions occur.
Information stated regarding dietary supplements is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition.
Keep out of reach of children. Store in a cool, dry place. Do not use if seal under cap is broken or missing.
Standard delivery (Orders under £20): £3 · Delivery time: 2-4 working days
FREE delivery (Orders over £20): FREE · 2-3 working days
We ship worldwide! Delivery times vary from 4-8 working days for Europe and 5-14 working days for the rest of the world. Flat rate delivery charges can be found here.