HCl is necessary for the digestion of proteins, the absorption of minerals and to help support the digestive tract, supplementing HCl may encourage the body to increase its own production of stomach acid if needed and assist with normal digestion.
- Pepsin hydrolyses all types of proteins, reducing them to polypeptides
- HCl provides the optimal environment (around pH 2) for pepsin activity
- Adequate levels of HCl are required for the absorption of minerals such as iron, calcium and zinc
- HCl provides an inhibitory environment for potential pathogenic bacteria ingested with food
- Encapsulation allows for a quicker release of the ingredients and reduces the likelihood of gastric wall irritation that can sometimes occur with tablets
- Low potency therefore allowing for more flexibility in adjusting individual requirements
Product Information per Daily Intake:
- Betaine Hydrochloride 600mg
- Pepsin 60mg Providing 900 NF Units
Betaine Hydrochloride, Potato Maltodextrin, Capsule Shell (Hydroxypropyl methylcellulose),, Bulking Agent (Cellulose), Anti-caking Agents (Vegetable Magnesium Stearate & Silicon Dioxide), Pepsin.
Allergens: No Allergen
- One capsule taken three times daily with food, or as professionally directed
- NB: HCL & Pepsin capsules should not be opened or chewed.
- If you are under medical supervision, please consult a doctor before use
- Caution is advised for individuals with colitis, gastritis or ulcerative conditions of the stomach/intestine.
|Betaine Hydrochloride||600mg|| || |
|Pepsin||60mg||Providing 900 NF Units|| |
Important - Please read before purchase
While we try to ensure that product information is correct, on occasion manufacturers may alter their ingredient lists. For additional information about a product, please Contact Us on 0800 252 875.
Content on this site is for reference purposes and is not intended to substitute for advice given by a medical practitioner, pharmacist, or other licensed health-care professional. Discontinue use and consult a doctor if adverse reactions occur.
Information stated regarding dietary supplements is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition.
Keep out of reach of children. Store in a cool, dry place. Do not use if seal under cap is broken or missing.
Place your order before Wednesday 18th to get your items before Wednesday 25th December
Last order date applies for customers in the UK and is subject to product availability. Cut-off time apply for each delivery option. Please check product detail page when ordering.
Please note that this date is only a guideline and is not guaranteed unless stated. Please be aware that external factors beyond our control (such as strikes, adverse weather conditions affecting parts of our fulfilment network etc.) may delay your orders.
Please note that our last order date is based on normal conditions so in exceptional conditions it might happen that your order arrives after Christmas despite you ordering before the date provided.
Standard delivery (Orders under £20): £3.50 · Delivery time: 2-4 working days
FREE delivery (Orders over £20): FREE · 2-4 working days
We ship worldwide! Delivery times vary from 4-8 working days for Europe and 5-14 working days for the rest of the world. Flat rate delivery charges can be found here.