Cytoplan kelp supplement comes in gluten-free capsules and contains 3 species of wild bladderwrack (the type of seaweed). The kelp is not only an organically rich source of iodine but also naturally ‘nutrient dense’ containing a broad spectrum of minerals, trace elements, micro-nutrients and vitamins, prebiotics and carotenoids. These act as catalysts in the body and stimulate vital enzyme reactions.
- Cytoplan kelp contains 3 species of wild bladderwrack (the type of seaweed): Ascophphyllum nodosum, pelvetia canalicilata and focus spiralis
- Our kelp is iodine rich and also contains a broad spectrum of minerals, trace elements, micro-nutrients, vitamins, prebiotics and carotenoids
- Each capsule provides 400mg of Kelp yielding 280ug iodine
- Certified Organic and guaranteed Free from all pollutants
- From a sustainable and clean supply of kelp
- Kelp is the name given to a whole variety of seaweeds, it is often called a “herb from the sea”
- Kelp contains large amounts of the mineral iodine and the iodine content of kelp means it is of great potential benefit to thyroid metabolism
- Kelp also contains traces of every known mineral and element which act as catalysts in the body and stimulate vital enzyme reactions
- The mineral iodine helps make the thyroid hormones. These hormones help keep cells and the metabolic rate healthy
- Suitable iodine levels are important in preconception, pregnancy and breastfeedingas the nutrient supports the baby’s future neural development
- Iodine cannot be stored by the body for a long period and it must be obtained regularly via the diet or supplements
- Amongst various recognised functions iodine contributes to normal cognitive functionand to normal functioning of the nervous system
- Suitable for: Men, Women and the Elderly
- Suitable for vegetarians, vegans and for people with Candida and yeast sensitivities.
- Free from Genetically Modified Substances
- Form: Capsules (gluten free) and pure-fill with no excipients
Iodine provides a role in:
- Iodine contributes to the normal production of thyroid hormones and normal thyroid function
- Iodine contributes to normal cognitive and neurological function
- Iodine contributes to normal energy yielding metabolism
- Iodine contributes to the maintenance of normal skin
- Iodine contributes to the normal growth of children
- Iodine contributes to normal functioning of the nervous system
Kelp & Iodine:
Kelp and seafoods are the most reliable natural sources of iodine because certain vegetables which contain iodine also contain substances which interfere with its absorption by the body. Although a normal diet is believed to contribute 150-170μg of iodine daily, the prevalence of iodine deficiency throughout the world leads us to believe that many people are not getting this amount without recourse to supplementation.
1-2 tablets daily, or take as directed by a practitioner.
|RDA = Recommended Daily Allowance
* = No RDA
Organic Kelp (Ascophyllum nodosum, Organic Cert 00586/011/12: Organic Food Federation), capsule shell (vegetable cellulose).
Vegetarians and vegans, and for people with Candida and yeast sensitivities.
Pregnant or breastfeeding women should consult their doctor before taking this product. Kelp is not suitable for children.
Non GM & Free From: Wheat; yeast, starch, gluten; lactose; added sugars, colourings, flavourings & preservatives.
Important - Please read before purchase
While we try to ensure that product information is correct, on occasion manufacturers may alter their ingredient lists. For additional information about a product, please Contact Us on 0800 252 875.
Content on this site is for reference purposes and is not intended to substitute for advice given by a medical practitioner, pharmacist, or other licensed health-care professional. Discontinue use and consult a doctor if adverse reactions occur.
Information stated regarding dietary supplements is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition.
Keep out of reach of children. Store in a cool, dry place. Do not use if seal under cap is broken or missing.
Place your order before Wednesday 18th to get your items before Wednesday 25th December
Last order date applies for customers in the UK and is subject to product availability. Cut-off time apply for each delivery option. Please check product detail page when ordering.
Please note that this date is only a guideline and is not guaranteed unless stated. Please be aware that external factors beyond our control (such as strikes, adverse weather conditions affecting parts of our fulfilment network etc.) may delay your orders.
Please note that our last order date is based on normal conditions so in exceptional conditions it might happen that your order arrives after Christmas despite you ordering before the date provided.
Standard delivery (Orders under £20): £3.50 · Delivery time: 2-4 working days
FREE delivery (Orders over £20): FREE · 2-4 working days
We ship worldwide! Delivery times vary from 4-8 working days for Europe and 5-14 working days for the rest of the world. Flat rate delivery charges can be found here.