- Cytoplan Wholefood GTF Chromium is better absorbed and longer retained than isolated chromium
- The dietary (natural) form of chromium is trivalent chromium – which has very low toxicity. Wholefood Chromium is trivalent
- Chromium contributes to the maintenance of normal blood glucose levels
- Contributes to normal macronutrient metabolism
- Chromium provides a role in the maintenance of normal blood glucose concentrations
- Cytoplan Wholefood Chromium supplement is made from a species of brassica (the broccoli family) that has been hydroponically grown in a chromium rich environment. As such it is a wholefood form of the mineral with high bio-availability
- Easy-to-swallow capsules with 100ug of GTF Chromium per capsule
- Suitable for Men, Women, Children and the Elderly
- Yeast free and suitable for vegetarians, vegans and for people with Candida and Yeast sensitivities
- Free from Genetically Modified Substances
Chromium GTF & blood glucose levels
Organic Chromium is an active ingredient of a substance called GTF (Glucose Tolerance Factor). GTF is now being recognised as important in carbohydrate metabolism.
It stimulates the activity of enzymes involved in the metabolism of glucose for energy and the synthesis of fatty acids and cholesterol. When Chromium levels are low in the body, GTF levels are low too and the activity of insulin is blocked – blood glucose levels therefore remain elevated.
Also, diets high in carbohydrates soon begin to exhaust the normal control mechanisms. The end result is hypoglycaemia, insulin resistance, obesity and diabetes. Obesity is strongly linked to blood sugar disturbances because of the increasing sensitivity to insulin.
Important - Please read before purchase
While we try to ensure that product information is correct, on occasion manufacturers may alter their ingredient lists. For additional information about a product, please Contact Us on 0800 252 875.
Content on this site is for reference purposes and is not intended to substitute for advice given by a medical practitioner, pharmacist, or other licensed health-care professional. Discontinue use and consult a doctor if adverse reactions occur.
Information stated regarding dietary supplements is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition.
Keep out of reach of children. Store in a cool, dry place. Do not use if seal under cap is broken or missing.
Place your order before Wednesday 18th to get your items before Wednesday 25th December
Last order date applies for customers in the UK and is subject to product availability. Cut-off time apply for each delivery option. Please check product detail page when ordering.
Please note that this date is only a guideline and is not guaranteed unless stated. Please be aware that external factors beyond our control (such as strikes, adverse weather conditions affecting parts of our fulfilment network etc.) may delay your orders.
Please note that our last order date is based on normal conditions so in exceptional conditions it might happen that your order arrives after Christmas despite you ordering before the date provided.
Standard delivery (Orders under £20): £3.50 · Delivery time: 2-4 working days
FREE delivery (Orders over £20): FREE · 2-4 working days
We ship worldwide! Delivery times vary from 4-8 working days for Europe and 5-14 working days for the rest of the world. Flat rate delivery charges can be found here.