The active ingredient if Silicea Cold Sore Lip Gel is silica gel (silicic acid gel), a compound formed from silica and water. What makes silica gel so special is its unusually high bonding capacity with water and wound secretions. This means the secretions from the cold sores are bound to the gel and the blisters are systematically dried out. In this way the spread of the virus is reduced and the healing process is accelerated.
- Relieves burning and itching sensation caused by cold sores.
- Supports the body's natural healing process.
Information about Cold Sores
Herpes virus infections are amongst the most common viral infections in humans. Almost 90% of the population carry the virus. About 20% of people infected actually develop symptoms. The Virus can be reactivated again by various triggers such as fever, exposure to high levels of UV light or stress. An infection from other people can also cause an outbreak of cold sores. Tingling, burning and itching sensations are often the first symptoms before the appearance of the cold sore. The secretions from blisters are highly infectious. The important factor in treating an attack is to systematically dry out the blisters to prevent the infection spreading further.
Tips for Prevention and Protection
- A healthy lifestyle and a varied diet, physical exercise and sufficient sleep strengthen your body's immune system.
- When exposing yourself to sunlight use a high factor sunscreen.
- Cold Sores can be transmitted to other parts of the body and are especially infectious to other people.
- Do not scratch the blisters.
- Do not share anything which comes into contact with your lips (e.g. mugs, towels etc) with other people.
- Avoid lip contact with others.
Important - Please read before purchase
While we try to ensure that product information is correct, on occasion manufacturers may alter their ingredient lists. For additional information about a product, please Contact Us on 0800 252 875.
Content on this site is for reference purposes and is not intended to substitute for advice given by a medical practitioner, pharmacist, or other licensed health-care professional. Discontinue use and consult a doctor if adverse reactions occur.
Information stated regarding dietary supplements is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition.
Keep out of reach of children. Store in a cool, dry place. Do not use if seal under cap is broken or missing.
Standard delivery (Orders under £20): £3 · Delivery time: 2-4 working days
FREE delivery (Orders over £20): FREE · 2-3 working days
We ship worldwide! Delivery times vary from 4-8 working days for Europe and 5-14 working days for the rest of the world. Flat rate delivery charges can be found here.